header-photo

Ads ~ Please click my sponsors... TQ

My Liquors Collection

I am supposed to finish up an assignment called the "Power of Influence" from one of the recent training provided by my Company by the end of this week. Basically, I need to write on how to apply those theories learned and put it in practice. Just don't have the right mode to do lah. @_@

Anyway, I want to blog about my liquors collection... heh heh


Hennesy V.S.O.P Cognac

Everyone is familiar with this liquor (40% alcohol in volume). You can almost find it at every Chinese wedding dinner. It's made up of a complex blend which reveals honeyed fruit flavors, scents of cleves and cinnamon spice.

Apart from drinking straight or add a little water or a few ice cubes, we can also make cocktails out of it.

Here is the famous one and I think is easier to make, Hennesy Moscow:
i. 3/4 oz Hennesy
ii. 1 slice of lemon
iii. White sugar
iv. Ice cubes




Absolut Vodka

This vodka is originated from southern Sweden with 40% alcohol in volume. We have to mix this spirit in order to enjoy the drink, cocktails style!!!

This is my mix:
i. Ice cubes
ii. Absolute Vodka
iii. Flavor agent = Whisky or Honey
iv. Filler = Cola / cranberry or raspberry juice / lemon juice / lemonade
v. Garnish = we can ignore this.. hah hah

Any volunteer want to taste the above mix? [Disclaimer: Drink at your own risk.]




Patrizi's Moscato D'Asti Wine

This is a wine style, low in alcohol, fruity and aromatic wine. Alcohol in volume is only 5.5%. It's looks like a sparkling wine.

Serving suggestion: to serve with Chinese or Japanese light and delicate cuisines including steamboat, seafood, starters, etc with chilled temperature. [Psst: Please remember to ask me to bring this along when we are going out for the next dinner. I am more than happy to open it.]

Note: I have just found out from the label that it was distributed by one of my former Companies where I had worked only for a month. But I couldn't recall whether it was bought before or after I have joined the Company. Hmmnn.. if I had knew it earlier I will......




Ricard's Partis

French's famous liquor, they called it as Partis. It's comes with 45% alcohol in volume and best served by adding 5 parts of water and 1 part of Richard, plus a few ice cubes. Very simple serving right?




Chivas Regal 12 Years Old Whisky

It has a renowned smoothness, a honeyed and fruit taste whisky. There are many ways to serve Chivas Regal 12, for the very simple ones:

i. Drink straight or add a little water or a few ice cubes.
ii. Mix with Coke and ice cubes.
iii. For the more complicated one, create your own cocktails by adding kiwi juice, lemon juice, lychee juice... bla bla bla. ^_^




Dewar's 12 Years Old Whisky

Dewar's 12 is rich and honeyed on the tongue and uses only 12 years old Scotch whiskies in its production. I bought two bottles during a promotion in May 2007.

Same serving like Chivas Regal.




Benedictine

I bought the Dom's Benedictine recently, two bottles to be exact. Benedictine (40% alcohol in vomue) is made up of 27 plants and spices which come from the four corners of the globe. Angelica, hyssop, juniper, myrrh, saffron, aloe, arnica, cinnamon…(the rest are closely guarded secret!) give Benedictine its unique flavour.

This is a healthy drink right? And we can make cocktails or mix it with fruit juices as well. The simple cocktail mix:
i. 1/5 Benedictine
ii. 4/5 Tonic or Soda
iii. A touch of lemon juice
iv. Ice cubes

Not only that, we can mix it in our Chinese cuisines like steamed prawns or chicken, stir-fried kailan with pork, etc. [Psst: I am hungry now]




The below looks familiar to you?




Yes, candies with Benedictine.



I still having the candies at home. I will bring it along for the next outing.

0 comments: