header-photo

Ads ~ Please click my sponsors... TQ

Cheaper Fuel Prices - How about the foods prices?

I wanted to make a stop a petrol station to fill up the petrol while on my way to the office this morning. With roughly 1/8 petrol left in the tank, I decided to refill it after the office hours. I managed to drive to Pantai Seafood at Kampung Kayu Ara to have lunch with my colleagues and back to office as well.... pheww!!! Trust me, you don't want your car to stall at the roadside just because your car has running out of petrol. I've experienced it before. Few months back, my car was stalled on one of the lanes at the LDP highway near MBB Pusat Bandar Puchong. I was on my way to the petrol station on that Saturday morning to make a refill. But I failed to make it +___+ It caused a huge massive jam. Luckily, my friend was working nearby on that day. So he got to help to buy some petrol for me lah... heh heh.

Back to my story. Around 6.00pm, my colleague got an email saying that the G had announced the reduced fuel prices. I went to the Bernama website to check it out and it was true enough.

So, good timing huh. But I was sweating while on my way back to home. I got to drive "gently" and go slow like a turtle to conserve the remaining petrol. With the school holiday, there were no jams on my usual routes. Damn lucky right?


To avoid repeating the stalled vehicle experience, I drove to the nearest petrol station to make a refuel just now.


Some say, it was a gimmick and a sign of desperation. So much interesting news for the past few days huh. You read this and this, thanks God it's Friday. Funny right. But I don't give them a fuck lah.

I think if they could not float and adjust the fuel prices on daily basis according to the market price, they should at least adjust it on a weekly basis. Correct?

With the cheaper fuel prices now, do you think those 'taukehs' will reduce their foods prices as well? I don't think so lar. Ordered big one (50 sen more expensive than before) also not filing, wtf.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's so true! They reduce the price on one thing but at the same time add something to another thing.
Well you can do without driving a car, but you cannot go without eating, so .. yeah, you kinda hit the dead end.

Thanks for sharing your story.
And I can imagine how it is getting stuck in traffic with no petrol! hahaah.

ANyways, take care!
Ingrid

KK said...

yeah, really sucks!!! I don't want that for 2nd time