header-photo

Ads ~ Please click my sponsors... TQ

Interesting Day

I reached Mandarin Oriental Hotel around 8.30 am today. I immediately went to the Grand Ballroom to find out whether the registration is starting at 8.30 am or 11.30am. They explained that for the tax seminar, the registration only starting at 11.30 am =(

The morning session (C-Suite 2009 Budget Tax Perspective) is for those CEO level type of peoples. I supposed to call them a day earlier to re-confirm the programme schedule. But I have totally forgotten about it.




Since I have another 3 hours to spend, I went to KLCC to lepak and read newspaper. I saw few group of students walking in a straight line (must be going to the PetroSains, I guess). I recall last time when I was in a primary school, we used to go the zoo and museum only (lawatan sambil belajar). Nowadays, they have more choices.



Don't you think the way they walk look like this? Hah hah....



After that I went into Isetan to look for a pack bag and coffee maker. Not sure why the coffee and tea makers are so expensive. Probably, the glass is unbreakable kot.

RM259.00!!!



RM189.00!!!



I looked right to left, up and down. Finally, I found this one. Guess how much it costs?




Hah hah, it only costs Rm35.00!!! I think the reasons why it's so cheap are these:

Glass part - Made in Japan
Other components - Made in China
Assemble - Done in China




After that, I went to Parkson to buy two boxers. I can't find any suitable pack bag at Parkson neither at Isetan.




At last, I went back to Mandarin Hotel to do the seminar registration and to have lunch.



Today is a very interesting day. Why?
  1. I met my ex-boss from my first company that I joined after I came out from college. I saw him earlier in the ballroom but I'm afraid to approach him (in case he looks alike only). During the lunch, I purposely sit next to him and start to introduce myself. As usually, I only discussed where am I working now, my functions and bla bla bla.
  2. Then I introduced myself to a girl who is sitting on my left hand side. After I finished talking to my ex-boss, this girl told me that I look familiar to her and she has guessed correctly my mom's surname after overheard that I was from Semenyih. She even told me that we have some kind of indirect relative relationship (HAH??? I starting to sweat already). I told her that I couldn't recognise her face and I even asked her whether she's from my mother or father's side? Finally, I found out that she is my mom's younger sister's niece, wtf.

What a small world.

3 comments:

Avatar said...

Oi, you sure the pix of someone wearing the boxer briefs is you meh? Put copyright on it some more :)

Grace Lee said...

really a small world huh... like that also can!
you are damn good in relating your comments with all the photos... like the penguin one...hehhe....funny

KK said...

Avatar - where got copy right? give another 2 years to like the pic.. hah hah

Grace - u have MIA isit? long time didn't update ur blog?