header-photo

Ads ~ Please click my sponsors... TQ

Sg Lembing Trip - Part 3


This is my final post on my recent trip to Sg Lembing.

Panorama Hill is the popular site at Sg Lembing to watch sunrise and sea of clouds.


# Getting ready to hike to the top of the hill at 5.40am. The track is a mixture of cement walkways and natural path. Try to hike the Panorama Hill on Saturday's morning and off-peak seasons. During peak seasons, this place is quite crowded. This place is not very difficult to hike and it shouldn't be a problem for a first timer.



# It took roughly 45 minutes to reach the top. Once you are there, you can see the sea of clouds above Sg Lembing town (west).



# One must reached the top before 7.00am to watch the sunrise.



# Another angle facing West-South.



# Today is not the best day to watch sunrise... too many clouds



# Sunrise 1



# Sunrise 2



# Sunrise 3



# Sunrise 4 - I think i need to come back again next time.



# A hill in the middle of sea of clouds.



# On the way down.






Don't forget to visit the Sg Lembing Museum as you will pickup one or two pieces of the history of Sg Lembing's tin mining business. The entrance is free of charge.


# Tin in a sand form.



# The tin mining business is managed by Pahang Consolidated Company Limited (PCCL) started from 1906 till it's liquidation in 1986.



# Equipments used to extract the soils to test the contents and other gems found in Sg Lembing mining areas.



# Some daily activities books to record for example workers' attendance.




# Everything must balanced huh...



# Film projector (top) and audio unit.



# Cash register (left), radio (top right) and tele..... errrr.... forgot.


# Fire extinguisher (left).



# Electric generator by G.E.C. Each of the the plant assistant manager and engineers are provided with a Company's car.



Not far from Sg Lembing, there is a waterfall which is ideal for cooling off on a hot afternoon.

# This place also has a man made pool for childrens.



# This Sg Pandan Waterfall is quite nice.



# Some snacks and a suspension bridge.



# Very refreshing.......




3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi!

I think we must've climbed up Sg Lembing on the same morning! The pictures of the sunrise looked the same as mine :-)

KK said...

Hi Rachel... what a small world. i recalled that you helped us took picture as well ^_^

Rachel said...

It might be my sister who took your pictures (I really can't recall). My sis is the one in blue and I was the one with the DSLR.

I found your blog googling Bukit Panorama or Sg Lembing or something like that. The first thing I realised what that my pics of the sunrise looked the same as yours.

Just wondering, do you often climb mountains or look for adventures around Malaysia?

For me and my sister, we are interested in knowing Malaysia better (because we often play tour guide every now and then when friends from other countries come to visit). Also, we do a little mountain climbing every now and then.

If you are interested in joining my team (to climb mountains), email me at esther.rachel.eunice@gmail.com