header-photo

Ads ~ Please click my sponsors... TQ

Finally, bought a new notebook today


I went to Pikom PC Fair today to shop for a new notebook. By the time I reached KLCC car park around 12pm, there was already a long Q to the KLCC basement car park. I managed to park my car at level 4 and saw a plenty of empty parking spaces nearby.

At the convention hall, I wanted to walk into the Sony exhibition hall (because my friend told me there are many pretty Sony sales promoters) but the Q is just damn LONGGGG. So, I proceeded to the
notebook booths to check out the Dell, Asus, HP and Toshiba's offering.

Here are the basic specifications that I was surveying:
- Intel Core 2 processor T6400 (2.0Ghz)
- Window Vista Home Premium
- 2GB Ram
- 14.1" Display
- GeForce graphic card
- 250GB HDD
- Bluetooth, Webcam

Here are the prices:
- Dell ~ RM2,799.00
- HP ~ RM2,999.00
- Asus ~ RM3,100.00
- Toshiba ~ RM3,099.00

After comparing and talking to the sales promoters, I decided to buy Asus notebook model - N50VC20DPM.

Here are some of the photo shots and packages:

# Packaging ~ rock solid, heart touching ~ yeah, right?



# Jeng-jeng ~ my babe, power cord, CDs and manual.



# Here is my new babe.


# Glossy brown color notebook. There is only one color for this model.



# The reason I chose Asus over the others is because of the spec like the motherboard and it has other little extra features like:
- Smartlogon with One Look
- 8 seconds Boot Up for instant online
- Finger Print
- HDMI support and HD vision display ~ can connect to a HD ready LCD TV for online and gaming, wtf!!!
- Built-in Altec Lansing speakers
- Window Vista Home premium Edition
- 15.4" WXGA LED display
- 2 years global warranty
- Don't play-play, this lappy has an Ioniser as well.



# My new babe vs my current Compaq Presario. If you notice, I need to use the USB keyboard to type cos the alpha-numeric keys on the Compaq Presario had screwed upside-down T__T


# It costs me RM3,100 for this new babe and I have these freebies as well: Cooling pad, Mouse, Headset,
USB hub, LCD Cleaner set and Notebook lock.

I have added RM30.00 for an extra 2GB RAM... woohoooo!!!



# My babe need a fresh charge for 6 hours.



# I also bought the D-Link wireless router for RM110.


Last but not least here are the Kingsoft promoter girls photo shots.

# I think this Kingsoft is the most famous booth. There are many visitors (young or old; guys or girls) standing around to look at these girls. The moment I took out my E71 and point at them, they are starting to pose and get ready for me to take photo. But my E71 is not good on photo shots... very bad quality.

Here another shots:



If you are wondering who are they? 2nd from the left: Ivone Chou and on the right: Nicole Chiam

The other two, I have no idea... please let me know if you know them ^_^


6 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

hmmm am wondering what kind of products that booth is promoting? IT goods or the girls?

KK said...

hah hah, they paid them to pose only for visitors to take pictures...

bearboss_85 said...

Interested in buying this laptop also... :P
But have few question..
Did it really have TV Tuner and 3.5G availability as in most ASUS brochure?
Act in dilemma in choosing between M50Vc / N50Vc

Thanks.. :)

KK said...

bearboos,

mine don't come with Tv tuner and 3.5G

bearboss_85 said...

Just wondering, why you choose N Series instead of M Series?
Both on the brochure, and M Series is cheaper RM100 than N series?
Huuuu~

KK said...

Bearboss,

M series is an older model.

All the specs are the same except N series has 2.0 megapixel webcam, HDMI output, HD vision, ioniser.

I found N series is nicer, IMHO.