header-photo

Ads ~ Please click my sponsors... TQ

My 1st Mountain Climbing ~ Gunung Ledang


I climbed my 1st mountain, Gunung Ledang, on 23 May 2009. I have problem with my new laptop, the internet connection will hang up after 1 or 2 hours. I am still trying to fix it with the ASUS online technical team. I have re-installed the LAN driver last night, not sure the problem is solved or not.

Back to my mountain climbing, if you want to know more about Gunung Ledang or Mount Ophir, please read here.

Height: 1,276 m (4,186 ft)



To reach the management office, we got to drive through an oil palm plantation, I think about 5 or more kilometers from the main road. We reached there around 7.30 a.m.



Top : Group photo with total 36 climbers.
Bottom: KG Tan, the co-organiser, is giving some briefing and guide on mountain climbing.

We started our climb around 8.15 a.m.


Ledang has a various trails to the peak ~ we got to walk on the jungle trail and rock climbing either using rope or stairs.


At the Gua Kambing or translated as Goat Cave.


This is the starting of the rock climbing using rope.


Regular Ledang climbers called this as KFC (a.k.a Killer For Climbers) Rock.. hahaha


At the top of KFC rock, we saw a giant bonsai tree, wtf!!!


We took about 4 hours to reach the summit. With my regular RPM working out, I have no problem on the stamina to reach the summit =)


Finally.....


The view is not very good on that because of too cloudy. But I feel good on top of the mountain.


On the descending, it took us about 3.5 hours to reach the base camp. Half way thorugh the descending, we saw this chameleon. Could it be the Puteri Gunung Ledang???


And I am training hard for the next climb ~ Gunung Nuang.


0 comments: